My day to day life can sometimes be very taxing and challenging but I think I embellish my cape well. Learning the art of managing it all and making it look beautiful and graceful even when it's a tad bit chaotic--I think I have mastered. Cooking a homemade meal for myself and my little one is so important to me as well as sitting down with her and having conversation. She comes up with these themes or ideas and Mommy has to deliver. Last night, it was her request for chicken for dinner but she wanted to travel to a very fancy restaurant. I, cooked and plated a Lemon Pepper & Rosemary Chicken and Garlic Mashed Potato Bowl for the princess Amira with the sounds of Les Miserables on vinyl in the background. I'll share our experience with you with this recipe.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
1 package of chicken thighs
store bought seasoning --- season salt, meat tenderizer, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper
4-6 red potatoes
4 garlic cloves
1/2 cup of butter
1/4 cup of milk
store bought seasoning---- garlic powder, black pepper, black peppercorn medley
1. Rinse and clean chicken as normal. Season on both sides with season salt, meat tenderizer, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper. Preheat oven to 385 degrees.
2. Drizzle your baking dish with extra virgin olive oil. Slice your lemon in moderate sizes. Layer the chicken as follows--- lemon, chicken, lemon and rosemary.
3. Place in the oven and bake for 1:30 minutes.
4. Rinse potatoes, pat dry, and cube each potato to a size easy to mash. Chop four garlic cloves.
5. Bring water to boil with salt and add potatoes and garlic. Boil on medium high heat for 10 minutes or until tender.
6. Drain. Add butter, remaining garlic cloves, that should be two and season potatoes with garlic powder, pepper and milk. Mash potatoes well until they are smooth. Remember you are keeping the skin in tact.
7. Sautee mushrooms. Simply, melt 1-2 teaspoonsful of butter in a skillet. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Plate! Add your mashed potatoes first, chicken next, and add mushrooms, lastly add fresh peppercorn. ENOY!