We’re doing work we love, work that inspires us, and we’re also pursuing our passions and making them priorities. In our latest Working Girl series, we sat down with the beauty and the brains that is Dr. Jamie Hardy...LIFESTYLE PHARMACIST to discover the woman behind the lifestyle brand. Meet Dr. Hardy....
+AS A LIFESTYLE PROFESSIONAL, SHARE WITH US 5 OF YOUR DAILY LIFESTYLE HABITS?
1. I meditate every as soon as I get out of the bed. My faith shapes who I am and I strongly believe that my life has been designed to achieve a specific purpose. I therefore have an obligation to share my God given gifts and talents with the world.
2. I read or listen to a daily mentorship lesson by Darren Hardy. It’s in my inbox when I wake up every morning. It helps to frame my day and gives me an action to carry out most days. I recently had the pleasure of hearing him speak live and he is amazing.
3. I spend at least 30 minutes exercising each day. Exercise is a way for me to effectively manage stress. It’s a natural mood elevator because it stimulates the release of happy hormones called endorphins. I enjoy a variety of exercises- Zumba, yoga, hip hop dance, and kickboxing.
4. I eat a balanced diet of whole foods. This means that I have removed processed foods, and refined sugars from my diet. I “shop clean” so that my husband and I eat meals cooked at home and I take my lunch and snacks with me to work every day.
5. I strive to drink half of my weight in ounces of water daily. I broke up with sugary juices and sodas a few years ago. To help me reach my water goal, I infuse it with fresh fruit and even herbs to make it more enjoyable. This variety of flavors makes me look forward to drinking my water instead of dreading it.
+ ADVICE THAT SHAPED YOUR CAREER?
The advice that shaped my career was to find something that I love to do so that it doesn’t feel like work. Becoming a pharmacist was a long hard road and even though I am well into my career I still have to read, study, and pursue additional credentials to remain an expert in my field. Thankfully, I’m a bookworm and a science geek so I don’t mind spending the late nights and early mornings mastering my craft.
+IF YOU WERE ABLE TO CARRY A "LIFESTYLE KIT" WHAT ESSENTIALS WOULD YOU HAVE?
My lifestyle kit would contain these essentials:
A S’well refillable water bottle
Neutrogena oil free moisturizer with SPF
My snacks- Roasted almonds, boom chicka pop sweet and salty popcorn, gala apples, mini baby bell cheeses
My cell phone charger and earbuds so that I always have access to my playlist!
Extra hair ties so that I can pull my hair up
+ IF YOU COULD DESIGN THE PERFECT WOMAN WHAT 3 TRAITS OR ATTRIBUTES WHAT YOU MAKE SURE SHE POSSESSED?
If I could design the perfect woman she would be a total BADASS. First, she would be great negotiator. Mastering the art of negotiations will prevent her from leaving money and other options on the table when discussing business deals and salaries. Second, she would be selfless- endeavoring to make the path brighter for those coming after her and NEVER forgetting the shoulders of the giants that she stood on along her journey to success. Third, she would be super self-motivated, not sitting on the sidelines as society to tries to determine her destiny. She would be a big dreamer and would take bold steps toward realizing her dreams.
+ADVICE YOU'D GIVE TO YOUR YOUNGER SELF? I would have advised my younger self to become more educated in entrepreneurship and marketing much sooner and positioned myself to operate a profitable business in my early twenties.
+WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
I am inspired by the beauty and serenity of nature. I am in my most centered and peaceful state when I am near the water. Whether sitting near the bank of a lake or lounging under a palm tree on the beach, I am in my happy place.
+WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR GOALS PROFESSIONALLY?
One of my professional goals is to expand my list of services to offer coaching services to health and wellness professionals enabling them to monetize their expertise and have time freedom. Another professional goal is to start a non-profit organization with an emphasis on eradicating food inequality in minority communities.